TORA is the leading provider of advanced investment management technologies for asset managers, hedge funds, proprietary trading firms and sell-side trading desks globally. We are a cloud-based front-to-back office technology provider delivering everything you need to run a trading and portfolio management desk.
Our award-winning suite of sophisticated trading products offers the industry’s most comprehensive institutional trading software including execution management, order management, risk control tools, algos, pre-trade and post-trade TCA and portfolio management solutions.
Our team of software development experts build innovative technology that fits our client’s workflow requirements through a feature-rich, intuitive user interface. We pride ourselves on having a strong focus on client support, rapid implementations and industry-leading innovation.
Headquartered in San Francisco, TORA has over 250 employees across our offices in New York, Cluj-Napoca, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney and Jersey.
We are looking for a Production Support Analyst for the TORA Order and Execution Management System (OEMS). The team is responsible for ensuring the stability of business-critical client and server-based application processes and their associated infrastructure.
You’ll be part of a company spread across continents (Europe, North America, Asia), which has its research and development center located in Cluj-Napoca, so you can easily communicate with all your team members, being in the same office space.
- Offer support and work directly with clients
- Proactive & reactive real-time monitoring of processes, connections & trade flows
- Investigate, triage, and troubleshoot production problems as they occur
- Investigation of written and verbal inquiries via log file and process analysis, e.g.session drops, order issues, flow breaks, booking issues
- Managing incidents by working closely with development, product, and business units, tracking the issues and following up post-event
- Escalating problems to core development and engineering groups in a clear and timely manner
- Conduct daily proactive & reactive ready-for-business checks
- Work as an integral part of a global team, standardizing documentation and knowledge sharing
- Provide all technical levels of support from general know-how to complex issues
- Help to write specifications and provide feedback to the development team for the tools used by support.
- Prior application support with BUY/SELL side Front, Mid, Back Office or trade floor exposure
- A highly motivated, self-starter who is happy working for demanding clients with excellent communication and interpersonal skills with professional ownership of issues
- Ability to work independently and handle complex tasks with little supervision
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to clearly present technology to a non-technical audience
- Understanding of how large-scale production systems are put together and experience with triaging and solving problems with them
- Ability to create succinct, grammatically correct client communications and discuss complex problems clearly over the phone
- Work with big logs, search fast in multiple files on multiple machines
- Good understanding of Unix/Linux commands
- Basic networking debugging skills
- Basic understanding of relational databases and the ability to form basic SQL queries
- Fluent English, both written and verbal - the ability to rapidly listen, understand and communicate in English is essential to this role.
- Computer Science, MIS or Finance degree with proven technology skills/knowledge
ADVANTAGE – what would be a plus:
- Knowledge of the FIX protocol (or deep knowledge other protocols based on a specification)
- Understanding of Equity and Derivative products, how to price and their trading concepts
- Exposure to any of the following is an advantage: Java, OOP, JWS, Jenkins, OpsView, Jira, Desk
- Scripting skills (e.g. Perl, Python, Shell, Ruby, Bash)
- Prior experience working with international teams
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with bug handling and/or QA
- Japanese beneficial but not required
- A good understanding of financial and trading concepts.
WHY WOULD YOU JOIN TORA?
- We are a product company – it’s up to us to find and implement the best solutions, and this means we are at the same time creative and critical thinkers to ensure the quality of what we do. By joining us you’ll get the chance to play both roles;
- You will work with smart, experienced and passionate colleagues who enjoy solving complex software development problems in a professional but still friendly environment;
- You will learn a lot. You will deepen your technical skills and gain business knowledge related to financial markets or crypto trading;
- Your day-to-day work will really have an impact since our products are used by asset managers, hedge funds and banks all over the world.