TORA is the leading provider of advanced investment management technologies for asset managers, hedge funds, proprietary trading firms, and sell-side trading desks globally. We are a cloud-based front-to-back office technology provider delivering everything you need to run a trading and portfolio management desk.
Our award-winning suite of sophisticated trading products offers the industry's most comprehensive institutional trading software including execution management, order management, risk control tools, algos, pre-trade, and post-trade TCA, and portfolio management solutions
Our team of software development experts build innovative technology that fits our client's workflow requirements through a feature-rich, intuitive user interface. We pride ourselves on having a strong focus on client support, rapid implementations and industry-leading innovation.
Headquartered in San Francisco, TORA has over 250 employees across our offices in New York, Cluj-Napoca, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney and Jersey.
Tora Trading Services is looking to hire a Quality Assurance Engineer who is looking forward to developing a QA career in a highly professional environment and will be responsible for testing a Java-based client-server system. The system is designed for trading specific operations (e.g., orders and executions management, compliance). In this role, you will be responsible for both functional and non-functional testing, ensuring the required use cases are met, managing bugs and defects.
- Communicate with developers and product owners to gain functional, technical and business knowledge about our products;
- Review and clarify the requirements in order to create comprehensible testing scenarios;
- Create and maintain automated tests;
- Prepare reports comprised of detailed defects descriptions;
- Working with tools/ frameworks like: TestNG/ Git/ Jenkins;
- Participate proactively in team meetings to continuously improve the testing processes;
- Troubleshoot and analyze the root cause of production issues.
- At least 3 years of experience as a QA Engineer;
- Basic programming skills (ideally Java);
- Linux OS knowledge;
- Advanced level in written and spoken English.
- Academic degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics or related disciplines.
- Curiosity, professional pessimism, a critical eye and attention to detail;
- A high degree of organizational skills – ability to gain the autonomy that you need in order to do your daily tasks;
- Self-motivated, self-driven – you have to be able to deal with setbacks and continue to pursue goals despite obstacles;
- Positive team player attitude – we truly believe that software development is a team sport;
- Good interpersonal skills in order to communicate effectively about defects, failures, test results, test progress, risks, and to build positive relationships with your colleagues.
ADVANTAGE – would be a plus:
- Exposure to agile methodologies such as Scrum;
- Basic scripting skills (eg. Shell, Bash, Python, etc.);
- Knowledge of Database concepts;
- Innovation and initiative skills, in order to improve the existing testing processes and the overall quality of our products;
- Experience working with client-server applications or Linux would be an advantage;
- A good understanding of financial and trading concepts.
Why would you join TORA:
- You will have the chance to be part of a team that enjoys solving complex software development problems related to the world of electronic trading and cryptocurrencies;
- You will be part of a product company that is investing long term in the QA process, a company characterized by professionalism and collegiality, where you can have an impact through your drive and knowledge;
- You will be involved in different types of testing (e.g. functional, regression, exploratory, acceptance, performance) due to the complexity of our products.