Scope of Role
The Network Engineer will work with a small, dedicated, and highly skilled IT team to implement data center and office infrastructure. TORA is a rapidly growing globally based company providing software solutions to the financial industry.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Includes, but not limited to, planning, systems analysis, design, scripting, administration, and documentation.
- Maintaining an existing infrastructure and troubleshooting issues as they arise.
- Analyzing existing systems and processes to recommend changes/improvements to them to maximize capacity and capabilities.
- Meeting assigned project deadlines and work schedules. Timely and accurate completion of special projects and assignments.
- Effective use of time and equipment to accomplish assigned projects.
- Understanding, supporting, enforcing and complying with company policies, procedures, and standards of business ethics and conduct.
- Effective and consistent cooperation and communication with Team Leadership and key company personnel.
- Performing duties in a professional, polite, considerate and courteous manner.
- On-call emergency availability for off-hours support.
- Flexible hours to meet scheduled maintenance windows.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualification and Experiences
- Experience with Cisco Nexus & Catalyst switches, and Cisco Adaptive Security Appliances (ASAs).
- Deep knowledge of the TCP/IP stack, OSI model, and other networking fundamentals.
- Working knowledge of cloud networking concepts and technologies including network connectivity to AWS and Azure.
- Working knowledge of both Linux/UNIX/BSD and Windows-based operating systems.
- Experience with A10 Load balancers is an advantage.
- Experience working on VMWare is an advantage.
- AWS Certified Advanced Networking – Specialty certification.
- Familiarity with deployment and troubleshooting of point to point circuits, GRE & IPsec tunnels, and dynamic routing protocols like BGP and OSPF in a global corporate WAN
- Ability to automate routine tasks through scripting or use of other automation and configuration management tools.
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to multitask and effectively manage time and equipment for multiple projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interrelate and communicate with people within the workplace.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to rack and cable network equipment in a data center environment in a neat and well-organized manner.
- Ability to read and understand network drawings, technical manuals, and procedural documentation.
- Ability to conduct research into issues as required.
- Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Japanese.